EU citizens

From MIM Wiki
Revision as of 14:51, 29 October 2014 by (Talk)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
There are two steps that you need to take to stay in Poland over 3 month legally. The whole procedure is relatively simple. All you need to do is get a residence permit for a fixed period of time and then register your place of residence. Below we walk you through how it is done.

[edit] Step One - register your stay in Poland:

You have to go to the office of Mazovia Voivodship Office (Mazowiecki Urząd Wojewódzki) on Długa 5 street in Warsaw  within your first 3 months in Poland.

Make sure you have the following legal documents with you:
  • Passport or other form of ID with a photo that could be taken as a proof that you are who you claim to be.
  • A document giving a reason of your stay here, for instance:
    • possibility of future employment for example - statement from your future employer plus proof of health insurance and proof of having enough money to live in Poland
    • intention of studying in Poland: confirmation of admission to university plus proof of health insurance and having enough money to live in Poland
    • being married to a Polish citizen - act of marriage
The most important is you have to go to the legal office yourself and no-one else can do it for you. 

More informations can be found here.

[edit] Step Two - register your place of residence:

In Poland all citizens are obliged to indicate their place of residence and this rule as well applies to foreigners staying in Poland for over 3 months. So the next stage of your registration is letting the local district public office (Urzad Gminy) know what is your place of residence.
For a list of local district public offices' address, check here.

There are two options: 
  1. temporary registration 
  2. permanent registration

The temporary registration of your stay lasts between 3 months and 5 years whilst the permanent is for over 5 years.

To register your place of residence you need to take some documents to the local office. You need:
  1. Residence permit
  2. ID or Passport
  3. Lease (if you are choosing temporary registration) or act of ownership of the flat (if you are choosing permanent registration)
  4. Filled out form.