Health Insurance

From MIM Wiki
Revision as of 15:04, 29 October 2014 by 2001:6a0:5001:b:ed39:1413:8d2b:1765 (Talk)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
In Poland, if you want to go through some medical examination you need to be insured through the Polish National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia - NFZ, see here). It allows you to benefit from all the medical services from health care providers who have contracts for health services with Polish National Health Fund. 

There are two ways to do it:
  •  if you are a citizen of any EU or EFTA state and you are a holder of any kind of a valid health insurance in your country, all you have to to do is to go to an NFZ approved doctor and show your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or a replacement certificate. Under bilateral agreements the citizens of the U.K., Sweden and Slovakia are entitled to free medical care. Under an agreement with the Czech Republic Czech students are entitled to necessary medical care in cases of sudden illness or accident
  •  if you are not a citizen of mentioned countries or you don't have any valid health insurance from your country there are two ways of obtaining it:  
    • if you are employed in Poland, registered at the Polish employment office,  or you are a family member of the insured, then you automatically obtain health insurance,
    • if you are not eligible for the compulsory health insurance, you need to follow the instructions described here or here.