From MIM Wiki
Revision as of 18:16, 29 October 2014 by (Talk)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

[edit] Residence Permit

If you are planing to live in Poland for more than 3 months, you need to apply for a residence permit, within the first 3 months of your stay. This is described here in detail.

[edit] Certified translations

Official documents (like diploma certificates, etc...) in a foreign language like English need to be translated in Polish. A professional translator is required for this task, and make sure to ask for a sworn translation. Options include:

  • Honorata Madej. Price per each commenced standard page (1125 characters with spaces): 70 zł gross.
  • Lexis. Offers translations from a variety of languages into Polish for various prices. For English to Polish, the price for a page (1600 characters) is 45 zł + VAT.

[edit] Safety training

New employees at UW are required to do a safety and hygiene training at the main University campus on Krakowskie Przedmieście. This training usually takes a day, if you don't speak Polish, it may be reduced to receiving a document with safety regulations which only takes a handful of minutes.